Brexit is an issue that all hoped would go away and many “planned” on that basis.
It is never too late to address any issue, including Brexit.
There are supports available. We work closely with InterTrade and Louth Leo. This enables us to identify the supports that are available and facilitate our clients in drawing these down.
All initial assessments will be carried out free of charge.
Businesses need to recognise that Brexit is a multi-faceted problem for business including, but not limited to:
- Revised business strategy whether importer or exporter
- Product innovation and or alternative markets
- Cash flow difficulties
- Employee restrictions
Our experience shows that the following matters normally need to be addressed:
- Supply chain. It is not enough to know that your supplier is an EU business.
- Do you know if your suppliers are EU based or has your supplier addressed that issue.
- Customer requirements, standards, etc. if they are inside or outside EU.
- Customs and tariff procedures if dealing with Northern Ireland or UK company.
- Cash flow problems arising from logistical delay/VAT or tariff issues.
- Insurance responsibility for goods and impact on tariffs.
- Delays at Border crossings and ensuring proper documentation, particularly for perishable or time sensitive goods.
Access to and from Northern Ireland both for commuters and others can experience delays particularly if employees are non-Irish/British and possible travel restrictions.